If you’ve followed the Nerd List for a while, you know we’re always trying to increase our fundraising every year. We started a little late this year but we’re closing in on $1200 with a final goal of $2000 this time around (feel free to donate to the cause by visiting our fundraising page here). That said, we won’t make it to Game Day for the full 24 hours this year (having a baby takes a lot of your free time after all) so we’re recruiting people to go in our place!
You’ll still have to fulfill all of the obligations mentioned below but you’d be doing us a personal favour by playing for 24 hours and making sure that Game Day is packed yet again this year!
Just tell them the Nerd List sent you when you go to sign up… 🙂
Facebook event link to keep track of updates can be found right here.
We are excited to announce our venue for our 7th annual 24-hour gaming marathon: our presenting sponsor, West Edmonton Mall, has generously donated the Mayfield Toyota Ice Palace!
To attend Game Day you must follow all of these 3 steps:
1. Actively fundraising for the Stollery Children’s Hospital. We hope that you join our team at extra-life.org/team/extralifeedmonton!
2. Register for Game Day seat reservations through Eventbrite at https://gameday2018.eventbrite.ca. You are responsible for your own Eventbrite registration and must have an Eventbrite reservation in order to attend.
3. Fundraise at least $75 under your own Extra Life profile before October 21, 2018 at 5:00PM in order to secure your seat reservation. After October 21, 2018 all new Eventbrite registrations will be subject to audit for compliance to this rule – get in touch with us if you have questions!
Wondering what to expect?:
– An amazing hang out (think giant LAN party!) with 200+ gamers like you
– Games, prizes, shenanigans, incentives, and more
– Free parking
– We provide: tables and chairs, access to internet (hardwired), and power
– Bring yourself, your gaming equipment (anything like TVs, consoles, computer, etc.; no TVs over 40 inches; you must have a surge protected powerbar), and your spirit!
– Board game library courtesy of The Gamers’ Lodge
– You’ll be expected to set up and tear down your own equipment
– Feeling good about helping sick and injured kids by raising money for the Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation!
A reminder that as in previous years, we are instituting a fundraising minimum in order to secure your Eventbrite reservation for Game Day. Ensure that you have raised $75 on your own Extra Life profile by October 21, 2018 at 5:00PM to guarantee your registration. Our organizing team will check Extra Life profiles then and contact you if your Game Day registration is not confirmed due to not meeting the minimum. Let’s raise as much money as we can for the kids!
You’ll be pleased to note that once you have raised $75 on your Extra Life profile, you are eligible for the exclusive, hand made, wooden Extra Life phone case from Carved for $10! More info at https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=cms.page&id=1088
Extra Life Edmonton is a volunteer group committed to supporting the Stollery Children’s Hospital through year-round fundraising and the Game Day event is intended to be a celebration of those efforts. We ask that all attendees do their part to help us reach our fundraising goal for the year. Keep in mind that the $75 minimum is not a price of admission, but a gesture that shows you’re committed to doing your part to help kids in need. The Extra Life Edmonton Guild does not manage or distribute the funds and does not directly benefit from the fundraising minimum. Be aware fundraising and/or donations are not ticket costs and will not be refunded in the case of reservation cancellation.
All questions related to Extra Life account management should be directed to their support team at extra-life.org.
Check out our website at yegextralife.org as your hub for Game Day day-of information. That includes our schedule when it is finalized, FAQs, amenities info, programming, what to bring/not bring and more. We’ll still post on social media when there have been any significant updates!
For those of you who haven’t attended before, in the past we have offered delicious food, coffee, tournaments, board games, and community activities at https://discord.gg/yegextralife. You will have the chance to network with other gamers as much or as little as you like. This year we have a lot of fun up our sleeves, and amazing supporters to help make it happen.