Anyway, check out the event page on Facebook here and read the write-up below.
“Back by popular demand!
You asked us to do it again so we are!
There are new species at the Zoo! You guessed it – Pokemon! Join us for a Safari Night as Pokemon GO fans will get the chance to “catch’em all” at the Edmonton Valley Zoo. While hunting there will be our Market at the Zoo featuring many local vendors, live music, and animal encounters! The Edmonton Valley Zoo has 10 Poke Stops and lures will be activated in the Pokemon Go app all night!
Share the fun, tag your Pokémon screenshots on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram with #yegzoo and tag @BuildingOurZoo – best screen shot wins a family pass to come back to the zoo to “catch’em all” another day!
FAQ’s about Pokemon GO Safari Night – Take 2 on August 23rd
1. Will there be WIFI? Yes! While the zoo does have access to Open City Wifi it is only inside the EdVenture Lodge, Zootique, Wild Earth Cafe, Saito Centre, and Elephant Building at this time.
2. Will the event run rain or shine? Yes! Dress for the weather!
3. If I have an annual pass will I be able to use it? Yes! However, if you do want to donate we will not say no 🙂
4. Is the $5.00 donation on top of regular admission? No! It will cost only $5.00 to enter the zoo from 4-9 pm
5. Do I need to be there right at 4 pm? No! This is a drop in event so please come anytime between 4-9 pm
6. What time is the Market at the Zoo on until? The Market at the Zoo runs from 2 – 8 pm!
7. Even if I don’t play Pokemon GO can I come? Yes of course! Please come enjoy the zoo!
8. Are kids under 2 free? Yes! Kids under 2 are free, everyone 2+ is $5.00
9. Tickets available at the gate or through eventbrite
10. Is there transit availalbe? Yes Route 594 will be running that night (Zoo to WEM), last pick up at the zoo will be 8:30 pm!”